Monday 5 July 2010

Claire: The real likelihood of harming a baby through smoking in pregnancy.

Claire – 30 weeks pregnant on:
The real likelihood of harming a baby through smoking in pregnancy.

Claire said: “No to be honest I’m still smoking. I think it’s hard, I mean I’ve smoked for 21 years so I was ten when I started, you see so I think it’s really hard. And then people say “oh well it’s mean to the baby” but and then I feel mean. But then I think, well my kids are absolutely fine. There’s people out there that don’t do anything and they come out and there’s things wrong with their children and things. I think it’s the luck of the draw to be honest with you.”


Midwife Hull said: "There are always stories about people never smoking and having a small baby and people who do smoke having a healthy baby. It’s a risk you choose – your baby doesn’t get a choice!
If you smoke your baby will have a much greater risk of being small."

You can contact Midwife Hull confidentially on facebook at http://tiny.cc/farhl

No comments:

Post a Comment