Monday 5 July 2010

Stacey: On having the support of those closest to you in stopping smoking.

Stacey – 35 weeks pregnant on:
On having the support of those closest to you in stopping smoking.

Stacey said: “I was yeah, I really want to stop smoking and I tried well, I tried getting my mam into it as well but she wasn’t interested. It’s harder when there’s somewhere there smoking all the time; do you know what I mean?”


Midwife Hull said: "Having support from those closest to you is really important especially if they decide to quit at the same time.
We know you are much more likely to quit if you are supported by people you live with. Secondary smoke also puts your baby at risk of developing
Breathing problems etc so having others around you stopping will help give your baby the best start. Dads often feel left out in pregnancy but quitting can be the single best thing they can do."

You can contact Midwife Hull confidentially on facebook at http://tiny.cc/farhl

No comments:

Post a Comment