Monday 5 July 2010

Kelly: On the link between smoking in pregnancy and asthma.

Kelly – 21 weeks pregnant on:
On the link between smoking in pregnancy and asthma.

Kelly said: “I quit smoking for my child yes. I’m asthmatic, most of my family are asthmatic, my grandparents were asthmatic and I really don’t like the thought of giving my children asthma.
My son doesn’t have asthma and I didn’t smoke at all during the pregnancy, so from that point of view I see that as a good thing.”


Midwife Hull said: "Stopping smoking is one of the best things you can do for your baby.
Smoking massively increases the risk of asthma as does second-hand smoke if you’re thinking of quitting why not get your partner or mum to quit with you?"

You can contact Midwife Hull confidentially on facebook at http://tiny.cc/farhl

No comments:

Post a Comment