Monday 5 July 2010

Kelly: How Becoming Pregnant Made Her More Aware Of Smokers Around Her.

Kelly – 21 weeks pregnant on:
How becoming pregnant made her more aware of smokers around her.

Kelly said: “I found out I was pregnant at New Year’s so I stopped completely. I was like awww, no, yeah, I was like damn it! But no, I just don’t think you should smoke around kids.. it depends... each to there own.
But like I when I went to my granddad’s the smoke was like marijuana clouds. Like 15 people, all my aunties and everything smoked. It was awful so I just don’t, I wouldn’t want that around my own kids.”


Midwife Hull said: "It can be very difficult when lots of your mates and family smoke to avoid this, But second-hand smoke is dangerous, you are still breathing in the toxic smoke which restricts your babies oxygen supply, making their little heart beat harder..
Asking friends and family to go outside for a cigarette when they visit you and washing hands afterwards is a good habit to get into."

You can contact Midwife Hull confidentially on facebook at http://tiny.cc/farhl

No comments:

Post a Comment