Monday 5 July 2010

Stacey: How the service has helped her to stop smoking.

Stacey – 35 weeks pregnant on:
How the service has helped her to stop smoking.

Stacey said: “I’m thirty-five weeks this week, I was smoking in the beginning of the pregnancy, so I went to I go to smoking cessation at the Orchard Park Health Centre. I get vouchers every month for stopping smoking and they help me out with giving me nicotine patches and the inhalator.
You have to blow into like a machine [carbon monoxide test] and every time you go you know just to prove that you’re clear. It works for me”


Midwife Hull said: "The service has obviously helped you quit but well done you as it can be tough!
The first appointment can be the hardest wondering what to expect but once you realise that the team is there to help you, not to judge it will get easier. It will always be at a venue that suits you so limiting your travel and time."

You can contact Midwife Hull confidentially on facebook at http://tiny.cc/farhl

No comments:

Post a Comment