Monday 5 July 2010

Tina: Being emotionally low when trying to stop smoking during pregnancy.

Tina – 28 weeks pregnant on:
Being emotionally low when trying to stop smoking during pregnancy.

Tina said: “I didn’t like the idea of going in a group. I had a one-to-one and I found that a lot better.
It was nearly breaking my heart, cos I was like “oh God, I’m being deprived of my cigarettes!”
Now I didn’t even think I was struggling just because of my hormones and everything I was feeling deprived anyway. I felt like I needed somebody just for me to talk to, or cry to, do you know what I mean? Just to sit and cry, but I couldn’t cry in the room because there was so many people and I would have felt a bit silly sort of sat there crying just because I’m giving up smoking.”


Midwife Hull said: "Being emotional is very normal in pregnancy lots of changes are happening to your body.
Usually the smoke free team see you one to one and they understand how you will be feeling, so having a cry on someone’s shoulder is totally normal!
Having nicotine replacement therapy can help with those strong withdrawal feelings."

You can contact Midwife Hull confidentially on facebook at http://tiny.cc/farhl

No comments:

Post a Comment