Monday 5 July 2010

Kelly: Is there a danger that stopping smoking can harm you and baby?

Kelly – 21 weeks pregnant on:
Is there a danger that stopping smoking can harm you and baby?

Kelly said: “When I first got pregnant with my first child I panicked because I was a heavy smoker and I didn’t think I could quit just straight away. So I looked up on the (web)sites and like obviously I don’t really know how true this is, but a lot of them say it can cause a lot of stress for both you and the baby, so they recommend to cut down but not completely stop. You’d of just thought ‘god I’m gonna kill my child’ and you stop completely and you cause more damage than harm especially if you’re a heavy smoker.”


Midwife Hull said: "There is no evidence that says stopping can harm your baby... We would recommend stopping is much better for you and baby rather than cutting down."

You can contact Midwife Hull confidentially on facebook at http://tiny.cc/farhl

No comments:

Post a Comment