Monday 5 July 2010

Tina: The challenge of breaking smoking habits, particularly when you have more time.

Tina – 28 weeks pregnant on:
The challenge of breaking smoking habits, particularly when you have more time.

Tina said: “I have tried stopping again once yeah. I did cut down, but then it’s just hard with the habits.
Like I’ve been smoking for so many years, it’ll just be not even realising I’m doing it and I’m just like oh I’ve got a cig in my hand do you know what I mean?
Now I’m not at work I seem to like be smoking maybe a little bit more.”


Midwife Hull said: "Having more time on your hands can lead to sometimes smoking more.
Trying to avoid situations where you usually have a cigarette can help, maybe swapping that cuppa in a morning when you usually have a cigarette. Try a glass of juice and a breath of fresh air, try texting when you feel the need."

You can contact Midwife Hull confidentially on facebook at http://tiny.cc/farhl

No comments:

Post a Comment