Monday 5 July 2010

Kelly: Shock tactics as a means of causing pregnant women to stop smoking.

Kelly – 21 weeks pregnant on:
Shock tactics as a means of causing pregnant women to stop smoking.

Kelly said: “The worst horror story I got was one of my friends told me about when the placenta come out. They’d been smoking all the way through the pregnancy and it had tar all over the placenta and that frightened the life out of me! I was like oh my god! So things like that; real graphic things actually frighten you into not smoking.”


Midwife Hull said: "Sounds like that really frightened you . Smoking does affect the placenta but it doesn’t have tar all over it!
By smoking it restricts the blood flow through it and all the nasty stuff in a cigarette also reaches the baby.
Having a co2 reading can be a shock as it shows you how much co2 your baby is getting. The smoke free team will ask you if you want a reading and if you want to know the reading for baby, not everyone wants to know."

You can contact Midwife Hull confidentially on facebook at http://tiny.cc/farhl

No comments:

Post a Comment