Monday 5 July 2010

Sarah: Smoking as a means of copying with stress.

Sarah – 29 weeks pregnant on:
Smoking as a means of copying with stress.

Sarah said: “I’m smoking. I did stop smoking, but then my nana was really poorly in hospital. Cos with me; my thing with smoking is stress. I rely on it all the time for stress, so I got a bit stressed and I started smoking and then she died, so then I was even more stressed so and I’m not smoking excessively like I used to, but I’m still smoking a lot more than I should be, between ten and fifteen a day. I should be cutting down. But I’m not getting anywhere with it. I just I get really stressed all of a sudden, I’m like that I need a cig and I can’t think of another way at the moment to try and cope.”


Midwife Hull said: "Smoking for many people can be a way of relieving stress and pregnancy can be a stressful time. Trying other things to try and relax such as deep breathing concentrating on the breaths out, getting 5 minutes fresh air, phoning a friend, having a coffee or a quick walk round the block."

You can contact Midwife Hull confidentially on facebook at http://tiny.cc/farhl

No comments:

Post a Comment