Monday 5 July 2010

Tina: Knowing whether smoking really is as bad as some people say.

Tina – 28 weeks pregnant on:
Knowing whether smoking really is as bad as some people say.

Tina said: “I don’t think smoking has affects. I mean both of my girls have had low birth weights, but they’ve never had any infections or anything do you know what I mean? So I think sometimes the scare tactics don’t work because I mean I’m having problems with my placenta at the minute but I’ve never had a problem before and I don’t smoke as much as I used to in my previous pregnancies.
I mean I don’t think I do smoke as much as I did then, but I’m having problems with my placenta now and that can be an age thing, but it can also be a smoking thing, but it can also be something else.
I think in ways they blame smoking for a lot of things nowadays, when it’s not just that. I mean drinking in pregnancy can cause low birth weights, I mean I don’t drink so but anything can make a difference.”


Midwife Hull said: "We do know smoking can cause major problems in pregnancy.
Smoking can definitely affect the placenta which in turn restricts the blood flow through the placenta leading to problems."

You can contact Midwife Hull confidentially on facebook at http://tiny.cc/farhl

No comments:

Post a Comment